I was able to get another day of work in this weekend before the rains came. It wasn’t warm, but there was only just a few minutes of rain and not much wind.
I installed the aluminum drip-edge over the window and door, and I brought the shingles up even with it.
Once I got up higher, I set up a little bit of scaffolding. I think it’s worth taking the time to do it, rather than going up and down a ladder a lot of times.
The slowest part of the install was measuring and cutting the shingles to go up against the roof. There’s really no way around it – I needed to scribe each one before cutting.
As far as construction projects go, this is very enjoyable. It’s not heavy or complex work, but does require accuracy and attention to detail. I’m really happy with the results.
Another four or five hours and I’ll have this done. I’d like to button it up this week, but I’ll have to see how my schedule goes.
A point of note: normally I’d paper the whole wall first to be efficient. Since I’m doing this in fairly small sections over a few weekends – and the winds regularly blow up to 40 mph here – I’m doing it a bit at a time. No sense is having it get torn up and need to be replaced.