As I noted in my last post, this is the original kitchen layout.
Here’s the new layout, including the updated laundry and small bathroom. We did these before the kitchen – it made sense for running the new plumbing, electric and heating.
The changes aren’t huge, but we think they will have a lot of impact.
- Open the doorway to the dining room and add a small cabinet bar
- Move the refrigerator forward and use that space to allow a small laundry next to the kitchen. Add a sliding door.
- Larger window
- New cabinets
- Apron sink
- New walls and ceiling in ship lap
- New tile floor
- All new plumbing and electric
- Run heating lines up the wall to supply the upstairs bedroom – there’s no heat there now.
Here are the detailed plans. We are mixing open shelves and cabinets.
This is the inspiration photo. The colors will be different, but this is the concept: